Bet you don’t know what the only scientifically proved cure is for sobering up, why we know that 2011 was a massive year for hangovers, or what could happen if you get into a toy car on the back of any more than a couple of pints of lager or glasses of wine. But with your trusted drink driving solicitors, you soon will...
- 12.5% of fatal road accidents in the UK involve a collision with a driver who is over the limit.
- Statistically, a second drink can double the possibility that you will have a fatal collision on the way home.
- Every year, there are over 60 road accident fatalities as a result of someone driving under the limit but with alcohol still present in their system.
- Having alcohol in the system will often simultaneously have all of the following effects on the driver:
- It inhibits spacial awareness, negatively affecting their ability to judge distance, speed and time
- It inhibits their ability to concentrate
- It slows reflexes
- It inhibits hand-eye coordination
- It impairs vision
- It induces fatigue
- It induces an elevated sense of confidence
- In 2011, more people were caught drink driving in the morning before 11am than between 11pm and 1am.
- Caffeine, food, a cold shower, exercise and steam all have no effect on the amount of alcohol in your system and do not sober you up – only time can do that.
- If you are twice the legal limit in England and Wales, you have thirty times more chance of being in a road crash than someone who has no alcohol in their system.
- The legal alcohol limit is applicable to all kinds of cars – even toy cars.
- In 2014, 6% of drivers admitted that they think they may have driven over the limit.
- Drivers who are in their early twenties are more likely to test positive for alcohol than any other age group.
- In 2010, approximately 500 pedestrians and pedal cyclists were involved in an accident with a driver who was over the limit.
If you have been caught drink driving and need expert advice, contact our drink driving solicitors for a FREE consultation on: 01484 599 888